Sunday, April 29, 2007

What I Missed This Weekend


I was at Ocean Beach twice this past weekend enjoying the beautiful weather. I ran through the park, waving to people I know, admiring the flowers and my fellow SFers out and about, but for all the people I saw in GGP and at the beach there was one group I really wish I had seen.


On Saturday, a group of concerned citizens sent a very large message to President Bush. They positioned themselves on the sand at Ocean Beach to spell out 'IMPEACH NOW!' with their bodies and were then photographed from the air.

Note: I did not take nor do I own the copyright to this photograph

The Impeach message was the work of activist coordinator and SF cab driver Brad Newsham who was hoping to have 2,000 protesters at the event which was scheduled to coincide with the National Day of Protest Demanding Impeachment by the group Impeach'07.

Watch a great video from the event HERE.

No comments: