Tuesday, February 20, 2007

PostSecret Project



I first discovered PostSecret while doing research for my very first blog, and now it has become one of my greatest distractions. PostSecret is one of the most popular blogs in cyberspace, and claims its self as the largest blog without any advertising on its site. It is owned and operated by Frank Warren whom I credit with the brilliantly successful idea behind the secret sharing phenomenon. Today PostSecret has grown to be a huge presence on the Internet and also Warren has also published two books full of post secrets.


After doing a little research, I found that Warren does college tours and is willing to come and give presentations that include sharing postsecrets that were censored from the books. Everyone who I have talked to who as heard of PostSecret loves it, see your yourself at PostSecret.blogspot.com. I am now trying to get Warren to come to the University of San Francisco. He charges a fee of $6500 + travel expenses, so I am going to purpose that either the Media Studies or Communication departments invite him, or possibly submit an application to Superfund for the money on behalf of the Ignatian Literary Magazine at USF or perhaps in collaboration with The San Francisco Foghorn and USF-TV. I think that through these connections we have a very good shot at bringing Warren and the world of PostSecret to USF for what I'm sure would be a fascinating lecture on blogging, Internet start-ups and the secrets behind PostSecret.

No comments: