Thursday, February 8, 2007

The Prologue

The prologue of a book is customarily written after the book is finished, but this is not a book, it’s a blog and just as blogging has defied the conventions of media so will this blog defy the conventions of practical literary tradition.

The Prologue

This blog is a special project, for me writing is a hobby and exploring the physical world requires motivation so thus we have a marriage of the two: A blog about exploring. And the Bicycle Diary? Yes, an exploration on bicycle! A bike that I have yet to acquire, but there is an advertisement posted on Craigs list requesting a trade of my longboard for your bike so as soon as someone gives me an offer we’ll be up and running (I mean pedaling).

My plan is to get said bicycle and ride around this incredible city of San Francisco with my camera and let the adventures present themselves to me. Some things will undoubtedly happen by chance, and others times I will have a specific destination say a coffee shop that the people on yelp.com wont stop talking about. Either way, several times a week I will update my blog with what I have done and found going on in this crazy, wonderful, beautiful, rebellious city

No comments: